[NTLK] Cadenza and Notes R5 (was: Re: Newbie (idiot) question)

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 11:57:11 PDT

Quoting "Peter H. Coffin" <hellsop_at_ninehells.com>:

> The one place I'd like to see a little synching happening is with Lotus
> Notes R5 (which Cadenza reports failing NotesInit in its logs for). But
> even that's a one-way synch: from Notes to the Newt, and I may be able
> to get away with an export from Notes and some magic in a text editor.

The apparent workaround for this is to:

-start clean (ie. no Notes install). Save your ID file, if Notes still uses
those (it's been a looooong while)
-install Notes R4.
-Find the nnotes.dll file in the R4 install directory and save a copy somewhere.
-Install/Upgrade to Notes R5.
-Copy the old nnotes.dll over the new one.

See:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=101847133305966&w=2

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html