[NTLK] Newbie (idiot) question

From: John Blodgett (jblodgett_at_fccpsm.com)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 07:59:18 PDT

Hello all. I'm a relative newbie to the newton (I owned an MP100 several
years ago) and I'd like to get a bit more involved.
But to do so, I need to be sure the newton can do some basic things. I've
read through the faqs, and done some online google
searches, and I feel like I'm getting some conflicting comments.
So-- to begin, I'm a Windows user. At the office I use Windows 98. At
home I use Windows ME.

That being said- am I in trouble right off the bat? I've seen information
on the Newton Connection Utlities and so forth. I do need
for the Newton to be able to interact with my PC's. I don't care if it is
serial or whatever.

I'd like to use the Newton to do some basic calendar work, tasks, to do,
etc. and I'd like to take some basic notes as well. Ultimately, I'd like to
be able to "sync" these with my PC.

So-- am I looking for a palm in a newton's body? I really prefer the size
of the newton, the battery life, and the handwriting recognition. But I
need to be able to integrate the newton into my PC family as well, if
possible.

If anyone can offer any tips in this regard, I greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

John

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html