Re: [NTLK] Silver Lucent w/ dhcp problems

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 04:27:23 PDT

>From: Robert Benschop <rbenschop_at_euronet.nl>
>
>>On dinsdag, apr 8, 2003, at 06:43 Europe/Amsterdam, Andrew Diller wrote:
>>
>> I didn't do anything, I just ejected the silver, pushed in the gold
>> and got
>> a dhcp address right away.

>Can you check on another computer of your Silver is still o.k.?

That's not a bad idea, have you read the threads suggesting it's possible
to fry your wireless card if it is installed when you try and activate an
ethernet connection?

Nothing to do with his drivers, something of Apple's apparantly doesn't
check before sending higher voltages out than the wireless cards can take.
In other words, it isn't likely something Hiroshi can fix.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html