Re: [NTLK] FS: Newton Gear

From: Larry Zasitko (l.zasitko_at_sk.sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon Apr 07 2003 - 09:04:11 PDT

I too have looked at other pda's out there, in fact I own a Palm Pilot, a
Psion, a Jornada 548 and 4 Newton's.

I use the Newton 2100 and the Jornada, but mostly the 2100. The Jornada is
worthwhile for me, because I can get programs that will let me open and edit
cadd (autocad) drawings, which the Newton just can't do and I can really use
when out in the field.

My contacts are on both the Newton and Jornada as well as my schedule but I
much prefer the Newton for contacts and schedule (assist is great where you
can tell it to schedule lunch with paul and it will come back with when and
who). I also like the screen size of the Newton for reading books or almost
anything.

I also use the Jornada a fair bit but find that between them I very seldom
use my portable. I like the Jornada's colour screen and I can also take the
cf card from my digital camera and put it in the Jornada and open the
pictures. I find it is faster to open the file in the Jornada and transfer
the files that way to my desktop rather then syncing the camera to the
desktop.

The other Newtons are used by my family.

Larry Zasitko
OMP, 110, 120, 2100

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html