Re: [NTLK] Controller?

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Apr 02 2003 - 10:57:55 PST

Quoting Eagan Rackley <eagix_at_earthlink.net>:

> I looked at taking a Turbo Duo / Turbo Grafx 16 controller (because it
> uses a mini DIN 8 port), but it turns out the easier approach would be
> just to write drivers for some PCMCIA cards that have joystick ports.
> Then a gravis gamepad or something similar should work just fine:).

Thing is that PCMCIA gameport cards are practically made of unobtanium these days.

> AFAIK there are still a few companies who have these available:). The
> only other thing I could think of would be supporting USB over PCMCIA :).

Or using a microcontroller to convert signals from the controller to the
Newton keyboard protocol, and then sending the signals over the serial port to
make the controller look like a keyboard. Custom hardware then, though.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html