Re: [NTLK] Install packages with Jaguar & Ethernet

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 13:29:15 PST

On 01/04/03 16:14, "Luiz Petroni" <lpetroni_at_compassoarte.com.br> wrote:
[snip!]
> I run SBM Utilities and it lists nBattleship as a valid package.
> When a tap on nBattleship icon nothing happens.
>
> I tried with sereval other packages and also deleted and tried to
> reinstall packages that were running with no problems. The results are
> the same.
>
> My wireless environment seems to be ok 'cause I'm able to access
> internet (NetHopper & NewtScape) and donwload my mail (SimpleMail).
>
> Unfortunatelly I'm unable to install BugTrap at this moment so I post
> this info and hope
> that it can be useful.

Your problem is with something already installed on your Newton, not your
wireless network and probably not with any package that are not activating
when you try to install them.

What you can try, if you haven't already done so, is after installing those
packages, do a soft reset. I've seen sometimes package not activating at
install but activating when resetting the Newton.

-Laurent.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html