Re: [NTLK] ethernet drivers

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Fri Sep 27 2002 - 21:46:48 PDT

on 28/09/02 00:20, ZUMWALT, DANNY P (SWBT) at dz1317_at_sbc.com wrote:

> I installed several packages on my newton to get on the ethernet with my
> 3com ethernet card, but when I go to NetHopper and choose the method to
> connect, all I see is "SecurID" and "UNIX" options.. I don't see an option
> for ethernet...
>
> I did go into the main prefs and select ethertalk and my driver for the
> appletalk setting, but i'm not sure really what that does.

You maybe install several packages but you apparently left out the "ISP
Templates"...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>
farming n.: [Adelaide University, Australia] What the heads of a disk drive
are said to do when they plow little furrows in the magnetic media.
Associated with a crash. Typically used as follows: "Oh no, the machine has
just crashed; I hope the hard drive hasn't gone farming again." No longer
common; modern drives automatically park their heads in a safe zone on
power-down, so it takes a real mechanical problem to induce this.