Re: [NTLK] Interesting sighting on ebay...

From: jon.turner_at_mindspring.com
Date: Fri Sep 27 2002 - 08:58:25 PDT

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 09:51:55 -0400 "Jeffrey M. Swiger" <N8NOE_at_Comcast.Net>
wrote:

> I just saw this and WOW!1 $500.00!.... I'll
> sell one of mine at half
> that price and consider it a Good day!..

Notice that no-one has yet opened the bidding, and the $501 price is a "buy it
now" price. I doubt seriously that it will sell, but with eBay you never know.

I'm sure it's a nice Newton, but IMO for that price it should include nearly
every software package ever made, and a stack of accessory hardware and
storage cards, to boot.

On the subject of the blue backlight, since blue is a longer wavelength than
green, wouldn't the contrast be poorer than with the standard backlight? This
certainly holds true for standard lights (for proof, try to read a blue
backlit sign at night -- it can be very difficult to discern the letters) but
I wonder if it's also true for the Newton. Any thoughts??

-- JonTurner