[NTLK] [ANN] ATA Support RC1

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 16:56:57 PDT

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce ATA Support 1.0RC1.

This version has been running for two days here without any problem.
Therefore, I've decided to release a full build of ATA Support to the
public after more than two years of work.

This new release mostly brings bug fixes in the transaction engine,
the ATA driver, the user interface and the power management. There
are small changes in the user interface.

Just like previous releases, you can install the demo version and
test the software. In particular, you can determine if it works with
your ATA cards. On the FAQ on the web page I describe a test that
will let you know if your card is fully compatible with ATA Support.

You can also register ATA Support to be able to write beyond the
first four megabytes. Please note that I will be away for a week so I
cannot provide a technical support until Saturday, 5th. I'll spend
the night in Paris between Monday and Tuesday to generate the unlock
code of the impatients.

You'll find full details on my website:
http://www.kallisys.com/newton/ata/

or

http://newyork.kallisys.com/newton/ata/

If your ISP's DNS cache wasn't updated yet (my website has moved).

I wouldn't insist enough on the fact that ATA Support cannot be
entirely tested. It passes all my tests but there might be bugs left
that corrupt data. Please do frequent backups.

Thanks for your support. There is definitely work left on this
product but I wouldn't have achieved it without the community support.

Paul

PS: building ATA Support is a very complex and lengthy process. I
might have made mistakes as it's really late. Please report any
problem you might experience ASAP. Thanks.

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/
Apache: http://www.kallisys.com/