Re: [NTLK] new Newton

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 09:21:34 PDT

Dede Johnson wrote:
> I have just chased down a Newton MP2100 on eBay, and, like all of you,
> I am in love. Since I am just getting started trying to figure this
> thing out (no manuals), my questions will seem a bit simplistic, but I
> hope you can bear with me.

Welcome Dede. I'd highly suggest you have a look at the PDF documentation
available for the 2000/2100:

http://www.unna.org/unna/apple/documentation/2x00/

> Question: Is there a backlighting feature for the Newton? I found the
> "contrast" button, but it doesn't help to see the screen in low-ish
> lighting.

Yes, there is. You can toggle the backlight by holding the power switch on
for a second until the backlight comes on, then releasing it. Repeat to turn
the backlight off.