Re: [NTLK] Coveting my neighbour's Clie

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 08:01:54 PDT

On 26/09/02 10:55, "Ed Kummel" <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> I don't think he will.
> He's one of those egotisticial Unix Wonks who cannot
> understand why the world doesn't worship him. He has
> chosen his platform and will work it at any cost. Even
> at the expense of actual usability. Typical of the
> Unix BOFH mind set...

Funny you should mention this, 'cause I know a few people that behave
exactly the same toward Windows and Microsoft products in general...

;-)

-Laurent.

flowchart n.: [techspeak] An archaic form of visual control-flow
specification employing arrows and 'speech balloons' of various shapes.
Hackers never use flowcharts, consider them extremely silly, and associate
them with COBOL programmers, card wallopers, and other lower forms of life.
This attitude follows from the observations that flowcharts (at least from a
hacker's point of view) are no easier to read than code, are less precise,
and tend to fall out of sync with the code (so that they either obfuscate it
rather than explaining it, or require extra maintenance effort that doesn't
improve the code). See also PDL, sense 1.