Re: [NTLK] new iMac and Ram [OT]

From: Chet Johns (cjohns_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 19:55:25 PDT

I have an older iMac, 400MHz indigo, which I upgraded to 1GB of RAM. At
least with this model it was easy. Open the panel, remove the 128 MB card
and put in two 512 MB cards. The computer had no problem recognizing the
total RAM and 512 MB will currently run you less than $60 (cheaper than when
I installed mine). This computer was originally only designated to hold a
max of 512 total. Oh and my pismo powerbook has a GB of RAM also. I do a lot
of photo editing and some home film work so I think the memory really helps
out, but most of my friends find 512 MB to be plenty. Replacing the hard
drive in the iMac is no big deal either (running 120GB there).
-Chet