Re: [NTLK] Simple Newton 2100 memory question

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 10:12:37 PDT

on 25-09-2002 5:44, Martin Baird at martinbaird_at_attbi.com wrote:

> Thank you for your help. I tried what you suggested and I still got the not
> enough memory message. In the Extras drawer To Do Task Storage says that
> there are 2074 items taking up 467K internally, and 0 items taking up 1K on
> the card. I also tried what you said with the card removed from the MP2100.
> Do you have any other ideas? Thanks again for your time & help.

Since you would have the maximum heap (same as RAM on a desktop) available
once you restarted with all extensions disabled, heap is pretty much ruled
out here.
Since you wrote that you have 1615K free internal memory and your card was
removed too little storage space can't be the case either.

So I fear that you have a corrupt entry in your Dates soup that screwing
things up here, only utility that checks this that comes to mind is SBM
Utilities from http://www.sbm.nu/englisch/newton/sbmutils/index.htm

Robert Benschop