Re: [NTLK] C++ coding for the Newt

From: Jean-louis.VILLECROZE_at_fr.thalesgroup.com
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 01:51:53 PDT

Hello,

> >Thanks for your quick answers Paul. I tought it will be a bit more
> >simple ... hum ... is NCT available for x86, or only for Mac ?
>
> Yes. You can use an emulator like Basilisk II though.

Indeed.

> Oh yeah, Roger Milne's page.
> Yes, you can use that. If your linker output the proper thing, that
> is. It will take your code and stuff it into a Newton Package (hence
> providing the minimum NewtonScript part).

hum ...

> > > PPPS: Have you ever tried to compile gcc for
> cross-compilation? ;)
> >
> >Actually not, but from what I saw it's not that easy
>
> Indeed. Last time I tried on LinuxPPC, I had to get Linux kernel
> source code then patches for ARM and finally try to compile gcc with
> that. I got the C part but I never succeeded to compile the C++ part.
> I finally gave up and used gcc on NetBSD (NetBSD and FreeBSD have
> packages/ports for gcc arm-cross compilers).

Well .. cross-compiling under QNX is much easier to perform, I'm actually
cross-compiling from x86 to ARMLE (SA1110) and it's a real pleasure. The
problem is that they (QNX) do not support older ARM CPU ...

Hum ... will it be possible (easier) to write NewtonScript code in a set
of files and have them made into a app, then into a package without using
NTK ?

thanks again for the infos.

Regards,

jean-louis