[NTLK] [ANN] The Amtgard 6.1 text file and Newtonbook is OUT!

From: Doctor Clu (drclu_at_swbell.net)
Date: Sat Sep 21 2002 - 07:24:38 PDT

To the populace of the Emerald Hills, all Amtgard lands, and the Newton
MessagePad community,

     Thanks to my fellow bard, Rowan, who in bardic fashion made the
news known about the playtest Amtgard 6.1 rulebook, so I will do my part
in bardic fashion. ;) I've taken the acrobat file and converted it
Newton MessagePad format. You have a choice of four formats.
Universal (For ALL Newton Messagepads), 2x00 Landscape, 2x00 Portriat,
and 2x00 2-Up ... depending on how you like to read books on your Newton
MessagePad.
These are crude versions and indexes in the books will be added later.

      All can be found at...

http://www.geocities.com/clu-da-bard/Amtgard_6_1/

      There is also a plain text version (FOR EVERYONE ELSE) that you
can see online, or convert into the format or PDA or palm device of your
choice. The text file has been roughly edited, but the roughly 500
accounts of "AMTGARD 6.1 PLAYTEST" have been removed, :) as well as
various unneeded carriage returns. The rulebook also has lines added
where it will make reading easier, like between playing classes and
spells descriptions for example. However all credit to authors of the
book and all other text has been left alone. Total size of the plain
text version is 194 k.

     The text version can be found at the three following locations:

http://www.geocities.com/clu-da-bard/Amtgard_6_1/amtgard61.txt

http://www.geocities.com/doctor_clu/amtgard61.txt

http://www.geocities.com/lady-aramis/amtgard61.txt

      Spread the word to the other kingdom lists and to your friends!

      My quick review of the Amtgard 6.1 rulebook... I like how they did
a lot of things (like the combined spell list and the optional guild
master abilities) and I think it will be fun to try. To the writers of
the 6.1 Rulebook I have to say it looks like you put some good thought
in this. Now we'll see how it flies. :)

      Take care,

      St. Duke Goodwyn Clu Da'Bard

TO THE COMMON NEWTON USER NOT IN AMTGARD (roughly 99% I would imagine)

     Amtgard is a live action role playing society that uses foam
weapons in their battle system. Around since the mid eighties, this
battlesystem has thousands of members in chapters all around the world.
  For more information, check out www.amtgard.com
      If nothing else, this adds yet another book to the Newton
community's library. :)