Re: [NTLK] Decent Calendar

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 11:10:37 PDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>

>Not that I'm recommending Action Names, but I just wanted to clarify this
>one point. The only soup that AN replaces is the built-in To Do soup. They
>actually started this back in the days of OS 1, when the built-in soup was
>not really modifiable. When AN was updated to OS 2, they kept their own
>soup, as it did allow them greater flexibility. Unfortunately, they also
>change how the Todos display in the Dates app, which is a "feature" that
>I've never been keen on. :-)
>--
>-Jon Glass

Well just as a side note. Action Names is now free for one thing. And it
does have a lot of interesting features. I like most about it, but i agree
the using of its own soup is a bit of a pain, BUT it does have a conversion
option. So you can move data in and out of it if you want. Some "action
names sepfic" info like special names slots etc won't be visable when you
convert. But if you convert back the data is still there, just was not
visable without action names.

Oh one other note, AN also has its own calls soup. One problem about a lot
of info managers, they don't all handel things in the same way. Some have
this feature and that. And if you use those special features only visable
from that PIM it is difficult to switch to another program. So if you do
decide to go with another PIM, you will have to convert that data over
somehow, that is if you want to keep it visible all the time.

-Dan