Re: [NTLK] Newton still wows 'em

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 08:12:54 PDT

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Andy Collins wrote:

> At 08:16 20/09/2002 -0300, you wrote:
>
> >Which is the best way to find MP3 streamings on the web?
> >All MP3 stuff I find is in a format that I can only access with
> >QuickTime/RealAudio :-(
>

> Check out shoutcast.com. You can get a list of stations based on a max
> bandwidth.
>
> You need to find the url of the station which is a bit tricky. Use a
> desktop machine to start playing the stream though Shoutcast then get the
> url (by Show info on WinAmp). You can then put the URL into MadMax.
>
> Victor has written a helper for Newtscape that launches MadMax when you
> click on a stream but IIRC it can't do Shoutcast sites.

Yeah, it should with shoutcast.com but it doesn't for some reason I have
yet to determine. Other sites that use .pls files *should* work. Sites
that use .m3u files will always work.

To get LaunchPLS and links to IceCast (works directly from Newt's Cape)
and ShoutCAST (doesn't):

http://www.chuma.org/code/newton/launchpls/