Re: [NTLK] Any solutions for a dull screen?

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 07:31:13 PDT

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, H Roshan wrote:

> I recently bought an UMP2100. Everything about it is
> just amazingly great except that the lcd screen is
> kinda duller than normal. Playing with the contrast

It's possible that there's a screen protector installed. These will
affect the clarity of the screen. There are two kinds: one slides under
the edges of the screen, the other sticks to the screen itself.

To remove the slide type, you should be able to use your fingers and
"pinch" the centre of teh screen, or try pulling the screen away from an
edge. If there's a protector installed, it should come up right away.
The old Barriers and the new NuShield protectors work this way

If it's the "sticky" kind... I'm not sure, I've never used those. These
sticky ones are known as WriteRights. Someone else should be able to
explain how to remove those...