Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Newtons Around The World Gallery Launched

From: John Charlton (johncharlton_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 08:21:30 PDT

>>By the way, my current favorite is this image taken by John Charlton
>>which features Elvis, a Newton, and a cup of poutine. How could you not
>>love it?

>Don't know how he was able to get that picture, but the poutine he has
seems
>pretty good. It looks like the fries were homemade, the sauce seems to be
>fine and you have real cheddar curds on the top. That's pretty close to
what
>you should expect to get when ordering a poutine at a good place, for
those
>that never saw one...

Actually that one rated low. Gravy was a little congealing, curds didn't
have the squeak, but the fries weren't too bad. Need to register my copy
of Stationery Construction Kit to get a look at the actual review I did
(special poutine scoring statonery). Did score higher on the 'Je ne said
quoi' scale because of the Elvis bust.

>I wonder if Elvis ever tasted one...

As Grant said, Elvis would have sprinkled bacon bits on. Now why has no
one in Quebec thought of that?

jc