Re: [NTLK] 802.11/WLAN and DHCP -> Configs?

From: Ashley Campbell (awc2_at_buyclamsonline.com)
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 06:13:23 PDT

On Tuesday, September 17, 2002, at 05:59 AM, Ren=E9 Groot wrote:

> My experience: the Newton will not connect if the base station it =
is=3D20
> actually connected through is NOT the one that serves the DHCP. In=3D20
> other words, if there is a router or another station behind it, =
that=3D20
> acts as DHCP servers, it will typically error out. If you can move=3D20
> closer to the base station that actually serves these, you're lucky.=20=

> If=3D20=3D

That's strange. I have a graphite AirPort base station set up to act as=20=

a wireless-wired bridge, which connects via a 10/100 switch to my=20
Westell DSL modem, which connects to the wall. The DHCP is all the way=20=

at my DSL provider's office, and the whole setup works just fine. It=20
seems that I've lucked out and missed a lot of the wireless problems=20
that people are having.

-awc