Re: [NTLK] Linux on Newton 2100?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 23:34:58 PDT

on 9/16/02 5:41 PM, mouse1701 at mouse1701_at_sympatico.ca wrote:

> Well, considering the Y2K10 bug, this may not be an issue... ;-)
> --
> enlighten me on this please..could we just not substitute another year..in
> the perpetual calendar..as we do for the vcr? will this not avoid the
> problem?

I was a bit disingenuous. Somebody (Avi Drissman??) wrote a hack to overcome
the 2010 bug. I don't know where you can get it (on unna?) but it's out
there somewhere. I believe the archive for the fix also has an explanation
of the problem. All I know is that you don't want to set your clock to 2010
or later and open your dates. I did that, and had to do a hard reset to get
my Newton back. (I think... It was several years ago that I did it) Yes, I
did back up my Newton before trying the stunt, but I wanted to see what
would happen. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland