[NTLK] WTB/Advice Needed: Memory [for 2000 Upgraded MP]

From: [bri cors] (bri_at_nerdtech.com)
Date: Sat Sep 14 2002 - 14:23:10 PDT

Greetings, all!

I am looking to get something to add more memory to the upgraded 2000
that I have - and was wondering if anyone has a 32MB Pretec card that
they want to sell - or know of a place that I could get one for a decent
price.

I know that GEM is selling them for $90.
But thats a LOT, I think. Unless I am just plain wrong on that.

Or, should I wait for Paul's ATA driver, and get an adapter to use with
other kinds of media? I am leaning this way, if I cannot find a decently
priced Pretec card... I don't mind spending $90 if I can get something
that affords me a LOT more than 32MB. Know what I mean?

What kinds of PCMCIA adapters are working w/ his driver, and what sorts of
media are people using in their adapters?

I welcome thoughts, advice, and opinions...

Thanks!