Re: [NTLK] 130 screen

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 23:45:43 PDT

on 14/09/02 00:45, Paul Vaughan at paulsvaughan_at_yahoo.com.au wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been using my 130 again for the past couple of
> weeks after it spent a long period in the cupboard.
>
> Everything was working fine, but today the screen has
> a series of dark lines running right down it (in
> portrait mode). These lines are parallel but not
> evenly spaced. In some parts of the screen there are
> so many they form a wide band, in other parts just a
> few narrow bands.
>
> Is this fixable?
>
> I replaced the screen protector last night, but things
> seemed OK after that. It only seems to have started
> today, and I peeled back a portion of the protector to
> check that it was really the screen.

I'm not positively sure, but it sounds like bad connections between the
motherboard and the screen. You would probably have to open the 130 and
remove the screen to clean the contacts.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>
C Programmer's Disease n.: The tendency of the undisciplined C programmer to
set arbitrary but supposedly generous static limits on table sizes (defined,
if you're lucky, by constants in header files) rather than taking the
trouble to do proper dynamic storage allocation.