Re: [NTLK] NCU -> Installation Problems...

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 11:20:54 PDT

On 13/09/02 14:05, "[bri cors]" <bri_at_nerdtech.com> wrote:

> Greetings, all!
>
> I am trying to install Newton Connection Utilities on my iBook running OS
> X 10.2 and OS 9.2.2 in Classic. When I try to install it [either in
> Classic within OS X 10.2, or booted up in 9.2.2] - the installer just
> chugs and chugs and chugs forever, and nothing seems to be getting done...
>
> Any ideas? This is using the installer from UNNA...
>
> I was able to install it just fine on another machine running 9.2.2, and
> it works great. Hrm. Just wondering if others had this problem at
> all.

That doesn't sound right. Might be a corrupted archive or something. I would
suggest you try to download it again, but from a different UNNA mirror, just
to see...

-Laurent.

Get a life! imp.: Hacker-standard way of suggesting that the person to whom
it is directed has succumbed to terminal geekdom (see geek). Often heard on
Usenet, esp. as a way of suggesting that the target is taking some obscure
issue of theology too seriously. This exhortation was popularized by William
Shatner on a 1987 "Saturday Night Live" episode in a speech that ended "Get
a life!", but some respondents believe it to have been in use before then.
It was certainly in wide use among hackers for years before achieving
mainstream currency via the sitcom "Get A Life" in 1990.