Re: [NTLK] Cannot Ethernet... ?!

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 08:49:26 PDT

on 9/13/02 6:27 AM, scOtty Technoir at tick0001_at_algonquincollege.com wrote:
> so, to clarify, you can connect to your powerbook with NCU over ethernet?

    I don't think Miro can. I think what he did was AppleTalk between the
two using PhoneNet connectors.
    Also, I believe the 3Com card he has is one of those that does put up a
dialog box. I have the same card (just the X-Jack version) and it puts up a
box. And I believe he said he was getting the box.
    As for drivers, he has the correct drivers installed (Farallon and the
3Com modifier).
     So, I'd suspect a dongle problem at this point (either the wrong one or
a broken one). The dongle light or the light on his router should come on
when the Newt is turned on. If they don't, then no signal is coming from the
card.

Peter