Re: [NTLK] Newton Works?

From: Robert Locatelli (sickofthecrap_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 05:58:37 PDT

> What I'm wondering, is if this runs on a 2100? I seem to remember that
this was something that came with
> eMates? If it does work with the 2100, is there any way to score a copy
> of it these days? Also, I'm looking for a good database program...
NewtWorks works only on eMates AND MP2kx machines, not on MP1x0's. And I
would like to point out that you should also get hold of the following
gadgets:

1. NewtWorksDraw which adds a nice drawing environment for creating vector
based drawings.
2. a QuickFigure plug-in which adds a spreadsheet to Newton Works or, if you
get version 4 of QF, runs as standalone application with M$-Excel
connectivity.
3. Works Calculations adds a thing, similar to Graphing Calculator from
MacOS, which lets you enter formula or tables and plot the according graphs.
4. Works Better from SAS for additional features in the standard Works text
documents, like page numbers, headers, footers, word cound, ruler, tab
stops, etc..
5. MathLib3.01, RandomLib2.01 and nsScribe 1.16 which add advanced math
functions to Works Calculations AND Notes.

That's my 'standard set-up' :-)

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse
Marco Mailand