Re: [NTLK] Cannot Ethernet... ?!

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 16:42:28 PDT

Miro <miroc_at_attbi.com> wrote:
> Jeez, now you got me worrying... :-(

   I have two 3Com cards that need dongles and a collection of 3Com dongles that fit them just fine ... but does any combination thereof work ... nope. You could check the 3Com site and see if you can find the card. I should list the part# for the correct dongle and you could check the one you have.

   Anyway. If all is well, when you turn on the Newton with the card inserted the little green light on the SMC should go on showing that the card and the router have found eachother and are talking. If this doesn't happen and the port on the router is known good, then something is wrong with the card, the dongle or the cable.

Peter