Re: [NTLK] coming back to the fold

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 06:06:17 PDT

on 12/09/02 08:23, Victor Rehorst at victor_at_newtontalk.net wrote:
[snip!]
>> 4) what are the options for backup and install under macos x? are npi
>> and nbu working under classic? who wants to write the isync driver?
>
> (insert response from a Mac user here)

Newton Backup Utilities and Newton Connection Utilities work under Classic
in OS X. NCU is still unreliable, but if you're patient, you'll finally get
what you want. Can't comment about NPI as I haven't used it.

Writing an iSync driver is not enough. We would need a full connection
application running under OS X.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>
feeping creature n.: [from feeping creaturism] An unnecessary feature; a bit
of chrome that, in the speaker's judgment, is the camel's nose for a whole
horde of new features.