Re: [NTLK] Recharging Issue

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 07:55:40 PDT

on 10/09/02 07:59, Johannes Wolf at mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl wrote:

> The original (rechargeable) batteries of the 120/130 are in a package you
> need to disassemble befor eyou put them into a (modified) battery tray for
> the Mp2x00.
> With the modified tray you can recharge them of course.
> But why not getting a brand new set of high capacity NiMHs???
>
> Johannes
>
>> [mailto:newtontalk-bounce_at_newtontalk.net]On Behalf Of L vRooy
>> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Recharging Issue
>
>> Apologies if this was already addressed in the thread (I'm
>> working my way through the posts; still at 04sep02).
>
>> I suppose it's possible to charge 120/130 original batteries
>> inside the 2x00 (after the modification to the battery cage)?
>> Just confirming- I can't afford to fry/damage anything.
>> regards

And aren't the 120-130 cells NiCADs while the 2x00 uses NiMH?

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>
geek n.: A person who has chosen concentration rather than conformity; one
who pursues skill (especially technical skill) and imagination, not
mainstream social acceptance. Geeks usually have a strong case of neophilia.
Most geeks are adept with computers and treat hacker as a term of respect,
but not all are hackers themselves - and some who are in fact hackers
normally call themselves geeks anyway, because they (quite properly) regard
`hacker' as a label that should be bestowed by others rather than
self-assumed.