Re: [NTLK] DHCP error 60088

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 07:51:00 PDT

on 10/09/02 10:22, Dan Wilson at leapoffaith_at_mac.com wrote:

> I'm using my ISP's.
>
> I just remembered... They (Mediacom) had a big crackdown on the use of
> hubs/routers at home. I couldn't get the Airport working properly until they
> got some information from the Airport Base Station. I wonder if they limited
> the number of connections I'm allowed...
>
>> There is something wrong with your DHCP server. Are you running your own
>> DHCP server or are you using one from your ISP?

Well, that was my story with my own cable company. When I went with them
initially, I could get as many computers as I wanted on the internet. At
some point, they cut that off. That's when I started using a router. Never
had a problem anymore.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>
buzzword-compliant: [also `buzzword-enabled'] Used (disparagingly) of
products that seem to have been specified to incorporate all of this month's
trendy technologies. Key buzzwords that often show up in buzzword-compliant
specifications as of 2001 include `XML', `Java', `peer-to-peer',
`distributed', and `open'.