Re: [NTLK] Whining 2100 backlight

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 23:24:45 PDT

on 09/09/02 21:50, Miro at miroc_at_attbi.com wrote:

> I replaced my 2000's mother board today, with 2100's motherboard.
> Everything went well except two things:
>
> - screen is darker now. Have to set contrast all the way up (left) to
> reach
> normal brightness.
> - backlight works, but gives constant, same freq. whining noise when
> turned on. Not very loud. Rather silent, but very annoying and
> concerning.
>
> Any ideas, suggestions, explanations, fixes ???

Might be a loose connection between the mobo and the screen.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>
bug-compatible adj.: [common] Said of a design or revision that has been
badly compromised by a requirement to be compatible with fossils or
misfeatures in other programs or (esp.) previous releases of itself. "MS-DOS
2.0 used \ as apath separator to be bug-compatible with some cretin's choice
of / as an option character in 1.0."