Re: [NTLK] DHCP error 60088

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 23:22:36 PDT

on 10/09/02 01:52, Dan Wilson at leapoffaith_at_mac.com wrote:

> I just got a 2100 and a Lucent WaveLAN Silver, so I could hook up to my
> Airport. All of the drivers installed, and setup of the wireless driver
> went okay.
>
> Every time I try to connect, I get a -60088 error. In Newtscape, I get
> the error "Opening link. Problem connecting. DHCP." In Net Hopper, I
> get a "Loading DHCP Protocol" slip until it craps out with the -60088
> error. I've checked the FAQ, searched the NewtonTalk archives, and
> tried what little I could actually find.

kInetToolErrDhcpReqFailed := -60088;

There is something wrong with your DHCP server. Are you running your own
DHCP server or are you using one from your ISP?

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>
C Programmer's Disease n.: The tendency of the undisciplined C programmer to
set arbitrary but supposedly generous static limits on table sizes (defined,
if you're lucky, by constants in header files) rather than taking the
trouble to do proper dynamic storage allocation.