Re: [NTLK] OT Two completely off topic English laguague qestions

From: Philip Bennett (pbnt_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Sep 08 2002 - 16:07:44 PDT

I think you'll get different answer depending on English location: e.g.
America, England, etc.

On 9/8/02 4:56 PM, "Robert Benschop" <rbenschop_at_euronet.nl> wrote:

> I have two off topic English languague questions:
>

> Question number one:
>
> Antwerps' Finest Fitness
If the subject is Antwerps then I'd go with this one; if Antwerp then then
next.

> Antwerp's Finest Fitness
See above

> or
>
> Antwerps Finest Fitness
Nah.

> Question number two:
>
> Can one say 'Offer good through September 2002' when I want to say that the
> offer is only valuable during September 2002 and not one day later ?
If today is your starting date then the statement is valid per your needs.
Of course you could just say 'Offer ends September 30, 2002'.

> TIA to all the English majors out there ;-)
But then, again, these days it's all up for grabs.