Re: [NTLK] OT Two completely off topic English laguague qestions

From: Brian Carstensen (reggie.lives_at_netzero.com)
Date: Sun Sep 08 2002 - 15:06:41 PDT

On Sunday, September 8, 2002, at 04:56 PM, Robert Benschop wrote:

> Antwerps' Finest Fitness
This indicates Finest Fitness is by several different Antwerps.

> Antwerp's Finest Fitness
This indicates that the Finest Fitness is by one Antwerp.

> Antwerps Finest Fitness
I guess this would mean Finest Fitness for several Antwerps.

I think you want the first one, assuming Antwerp is someone's name and
there is only one Antwerp involved.

> Can one say 'Offer good through September 2002' when I want to say that
> the
> offer is only valuable during September 2002 and not one day later ?

I think that works. Maybe try "Offer good only through September 2002"
if you really wanna emphasize the cutoff.

- Brian