[NTLK] Help with ATA hard drive card

From: John Hawksworth-Lutzow (johnhl_at_patterson.k12.ca.us)
Date: Sat Sep 07 2002 - 23:14:06 PDT

I'm pretty new to Newton and have been having a lot of fun getting my 2100
to do wireless and dock with my iBook running Jaguar. Now what I need help
with is an ATA hard drive card (one of the 260MB ones that buy.com had
really cheaply last week).

I've got the beta ATA Support driver installed and the card is recognized,
but I can't figure out how to store anything on the card I'd like to be
able to install packages directly onto the card. Can't wait for the
finished version of the ATA support and the ability to use all 260MB. I
couldn't find this in the FAQ, but forgive me if it's there.

Also, I've got a smartmedia card adapter but it isn't recognized by the
Newton. If I put the adapter in without a smartmedia card in, I don't get
any messages, but as soon as I put the smartmedia card in, I get the
"problem with this card" message.

Thanks!
John