Re: [NTLK] Is there an app for remembering birthdays/anniversaries?

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Fri Sep 06 2002 - 22:20:33 PDT

À (At) 1:05 -0400 7/09/02, Nicholas Gillock écrivait (wrote) :
>All I'm looking for is a basic program that I can put people's birthdays
>and anniversaries into to help me remember all of them. Any ideas?

It's called Names and Dates :)

You put anniversaries/birthdays in Names and it asks you if you want
to create the associated annual event in the Dates application.

There are other ways to know about anniversaries (useful if you don't
open Dates every day or if you want a look ahead of several days).
Some applications go and look into the Dates database (hence will
display only the anniversaries that were associated to an annual
event) and some look into the card file database instead. Since 1.27,
it is what Avi's Backdrop does. You can find my latest build from my
website (http://www.kallisys.com/newton/avibd/), and this is of
course what I actually use. I know there are other programs that will
for example display birthdays when you power on the Newton. Check
UNNA.
http://www.unna.org/unna/utilites/HappyTheBirthdayReminder/ might do it.

Paul

--