Re: [NTLK] 2000 won't turn off

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Sep 06 2002 - 10:45:35 PDT

On 06/09/02 12:33, "Arne Christiansen" <captarne_at_mac.com> wrote:

> I have a 2000 that does not appear to turn off.When I turn it off it
> appears to go in suspend mode. It only actually turns off when reset is pushed
> or the batteries removed.

What do you mean by "suspend mode"? What are you expecting when it's turned
off? If the screen turns off, then it's pretty much off. There are a few
triggers that will turn the machine on, but I don't think it's running. If,
OTOH, there is still something on the screen when you turn it off, then it's
not off.

-Laurent.

CLM /C-L-M/: [Sun: `Career Limiting Move'] 1. n. An action endangering one's
future prospects of getting plum projects and raises, and possibly one's
job: "His Halloween costume was a parody of his manager. He won the prize
for `best CLM'." 2. adj. Denotes extreme severity of a bug, discovered by a
customer and obviously missed earlier because of poor testing: "That's a CLM
bug!"