[NTLK] ENUF: searchable web database still available

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Fri Sep 06 2002 - 09:37:25 PDT

Hi all;

I'll post for maybe the third time in a year about the web archive I put up
in Sept 2001 :)

"ENUF" resides at <http://bmcewen.home.dyndns.org>, consists of 1100
entries of newton softwares with text descriptions, OS versions, etc. It's
especially useful for non-2100 people as it's hard to find references to
NOS 1.x and 2.0 stuff anymore.

The interface is a little clunkier than I'd like but I put it up when I was
in between jobs, and then became too busy to tweek it much since then. It
started as mostly for my own use but it was easy to make it available, so I
did so. Someday.....

There are certainly applications that aren't in the dbase; I have enabled
"create record" and although in the last year only one person made an
entry, no one has abused that feature either :)

Please do feel free to add entries, or if you have items you think should
be there, send me an email with details and I'll happily add it.

Until I inadvertantly broke it when I was changing my system config, it was
getting a decent number of hits a month ever since I put it up, so I've
kept it available.

If anyone has access to the old DNUG data I'd love to incorporate that,
please email me. The DNUG successor didn't seem to be working when I tried
it earlier this week.

Brian