Re: [NTLK] I need help connecting to the internet

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 20:42:03 PDT

on 05/09/02 22:34, john Mantooth at mouser_osu_at_brightok.net wrote:

> I am trying to connect my newton 2100U to the internet using a megahertz 33.6
> modem and tdk drivers. I can get a
> dial tone and the modem dials, but after that there does not seem to be any
> connection. I have the correct login,
> password, and DNS info entered, and I am at a loss at what to look for next.
> any suggestions?

You might need a specialized login script. What ISP are you using? Did you
add a login script to your setup and enabled the "Display script activity"
checkbox?

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>
brain dump n.: [common] The act of telling someone everything one knows
about a particular topic or project. Typically used when someone is going to
let a new party maintain a piece of code. Conceptually analogous to an
operating system core dump in that it saves a lot of useful state before an
exit. "You'll have to give me a brain dump on FOOBAR before you start your
new job at HackerCorp." See core dump (sense 4). At Sun, this is also known
as `TOI' (transfer of information).