Re: [NTLK] Just got my newton today...

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 06:48:19 PDT

------------------
>And wow. I love it. It's 98% perfect.

I'd say 99.1% perfect. :-)
------------------
>The screen cover has a smallcrack but thats it.

If it's near the hinge tape it, that's a weak point, and my 'taped cover' =
has been marked for a whole year, even after 6 drops from 3+feet.
------------------
>Battery lasts about 5 hours.

Recondtion it, 'free' advice is in the archives.
------------------
>But I find NewtsCape a bit confusing.... it doesnt seem to be doing =
anything ever...

Depends, not enough memory space will slow down heap-intensive apps, or =
the sites are heavy with busy pages, or you have to setup the prefs. for =
browsing.
------------------
>And is there a mail app that fully supports IMAP? Simplemail 4.3 only
>supports the INBOX folder. SimpleMail also doesnt sort everything in the =
inbox by date.. it was all random when i tried it.

The author, Simon Bell, posted a question here last month about what he =
needed, he joked 'I know, I know, I should be working on SM'. :-o
------------------
>The Newton DIL Tester app saved my butt... thats a great app. Worked
>well with Irda, but I had trouble getting it to work with TCP/IP.

Yup, great use of another 'steved' item. The TCP/IP hasn't worked for me =
either.
>Also my other local mac store MacPro here in Richmond can get Battery
>trays. Give them a call if you want one. They ordered 4 (one is mine)
>and should be there Friday. Ask for Tim Hagan. 804-497-8710 Scott, one
>of the owners wants to fully support the Newton community also.

Cool!
>Justin
>AMP2100

Really, 'AMP2100'? How fast is yours?