Re: [NTLK] Emulation on newt / Newton Programming is a PAIN!

From: J. Eagan Rackley (jrackley_at_electronicbingo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 21:52:47 PDT

Thank you for the response;). You are such a great resource and I am
truly grateful for your time.

I understand that using global variables is not such great practice :).
I was thinking of saving overhead by not using classes, however this may
be a bit of a moot point. (Given the amount of overhead that is going to
be on the system anyway:).

I was hoping to more or less port some established code over to the
newton, but I think I'm going to have to write my own:) (that makes me
lean toward PC Engine:). Still shouldn't be too hard, just time
consuming:). Then, I'm assuming speed will be a big issue for me.

I'm just curious, but what does the Newton do with its const variables?

Anyway, thanks again for the help:). I would love to have this one the
newt., it'll be my 1st full Emu., So it's kind of a double whammy in the
challenge dept. for me:). Im kind of seeing why no one has done one
before now though ^_^.

I feel pretty confident that it can be done:). It'll just take a good
deal of work:).

-Eagan

BTW inline asm is ok with MPW too? My apple doc viewer can't seem to
open the newton docs on the Devel stuff:)