[NTLK] Newton DIL

From: Gregory J. Wayman (gwayman_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 20:22:46 PDT

This story is probably old school to many of you, but I'll tell it
anyway. I forgot my Newton at
work today in a rush to get out of the office. One the way home I
realized my mistake. I'm so
used to using the Newton as an alarm to wake up in the morning. Well I
get home and dig out
my spare 2000 and charge up the Battery in it. Hmmm. , this one does
not have any of the
Ethernet packages on it. Hmmmm, do I really want to change all the
settings on the Powerbook
to load one lousy package? (Adam Tow's Alarmclock) and yes I know there
is a built in alarm feature, but I'm a creature of habit.
   I remember reading many posts about Thomas Tempelmann's Newton DIL
Tester.
I down load it, open it, set it to IrDA. Turn on the Newt, open the
Dock. set it to IrDA.
"This can't work, it's tooooo simple." WAM, BAM, Connected, Loaded.
What a cool program!!!!!!
http://www.tempel.org/newton/

Well, good night, I'll see ya in the morning. ;0)

Greg