[NTLK] Surfing via NetHopper?

From: Robert Lindsley (me_at_robertlindsley.com)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 16:45:07 PDT

Hi there,

I am in the process of getting my wireless internet connection setup with
the Newton. I feel like I am really close, but Iım not quite there yet.

Hereıs my config:

MP2100
D-Link DWL-650
Hiroshiıs 802.11b WaveLan v1.05
* Mode: Infrastructure
* Channel 1: Ignored
* SSID: linksys
NetHopper v3.2
Newton Internet v2.0

I am having a few miscellaneous problems (system reboots, errors, etc). But
the big problem is that it doesnıt seem like the web pages that I load have
any direct correlation to which pages are shown on my Newton. (!?!)

For example, a visit to www.unna.org will actually result in a visit to ³The
Center for Recovery From BSD Abuse.² A visit to www.simple.dial.pipex.com
will result in a visit to the DialSpace Welcome Page.

At present, I am not able to figure out why the URLs are getting messed up.

Has anybody else had this problem? What can I do to fix it?

Thanks!

Robert--