Re: [NTLK] Travel and the Newt

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 07:15:27 PDT

on 9/4/02 10:03 AM, Mark Bock at markbvt_at_adelphia.net wrote:

> I've done this with a Handspring Visor (after 9/11) that I generally
> carry in my jacket pocket when travelling. Security doesn't bat an
> eye at the entire Visor being placed in the key/wallet tray. I doubt
> they'll question a RAM card.

Except, of course, that the key/wallet tray goes on the very same conveyor!
No advantage to what you're saying and possibly a negative, since the Newt
would act to shield the RAM card, at least a bit.

- Eric.

The odds are greatly against you being immensely smarter than everyone
else in the field. If your analysis says your terminal velocity is
twice the speed of light, you may have invented warp drive, but the
chances are a lot better that you've screwed up.