Re: [NTLK] recharging issue

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 01:58:19 PDT

You definitely should check the output of your "transformer".
7.5V is very near the absolute maximum voltage that the Newt will survive.
Most of the power adaptors I have seen (even the ones that are considered to
be regulated) have a higher voltage than specified under low or no load
conditions.
The spec 750mA is mostly related to the specified output voltage: you can
get 750 mA at 7.5 V maximum. If you draw more current the voltage will go
down.
It is absolutely not sure that the maximum current your device will deliver
is not above 1.5 A.

In the worst case you have damaged your Newt.
I hope for you that this is not the case.
After checking the output of your adaptor you can try to connect it again to
your Newt while having the battery tray moved out.
If the Newt will not wake up you have damaged it.

Johannes