Re: [NTLK] Sharing DSL Connection

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 23:00:40 PDT

on 04/09/02 00:54, Lallang_at_aol.com at Lallang_at_aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 09/04/2002 00:46:52, laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net writes:
>
>> It's pretty much clear line of sight. The base station is sitting on the
>> top
>> of a shelf, but I can see it clearly where I sit. Yep, not very good...
>>
>> -Laurent.
>
> Damn! And that Proxim Orinoco Gold card was so inviting at $69... Have you
> mentioned it to the guy who's developing the Ethernet stack in Japan?

Not yet. I guess I should...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>
flat adj.: 1. [common] Lacking any complex internal structure. "That bitty
box has only a flat filesystem, not a hierarchical one." The verb form is
flatten. 2. Said of a memory architecture (like that of the VAX or 680x0)
that is one big linear address space (typically with each possible value of
a processor register corresponding to a unique core address), as opposed to
a `segmented' architecture (like that of the 80x86) in which addresses are
composed from a base-register/offset pair (segmented designs are generally
considered cretinous).