Re: [NTLK] Avoid GEM ENTERPRISES

From: Mark Ross (markr13_at_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 18:56:05 PDT

I have no affiliation with either of these gentlemen, but I wish to offer
my comments as a neutral party.

It is always the case that the majority of people when dealing with a
vendor will have a reasonable experience. Unless the vendor is a scam
operation, most will get what they ordered and when they expect it. The
real test of a vendor is how they handle problems. Most will bend over
backwards (its just good business) to satisfy the customer and, failing
that, refund their money with a return. A few have "peculiar" policies
when problems arise that always seem to ensure that the vendor will not
have to take back merchandise without a fight or an exorbitant charge. I
have seen enough bad feedback about GEM before on this list to be very
wary of them. Threatening customers if they complain is a crappy
practice and that alone would cause me to never deal with them. Another
example is Shreve Enterprises. I have had successful dealings with them,
but when there's a problem, unique laws in Louisiana allow them to screw
the customers with hefty restocking charges for a return or ignore them
entirely. Again, I've seen many complaints in various forums about this
practice. In today's business climate, these behaviors deserve all the
negative feedback they get.

>My reference to the feedback rating was not to GEM actual rating on ebay (if
>you had read my message and interpreted it correctly MR PCBMAN). It was a
>reference to the fact that buyers of their goods had contact me after the
>fact and told me how they were delt with.
>
>Im sure that some people have had good dealings with them but i can tell you
>with all honesty that their feedback rating on ebay does not reflect
>reality. Another point to mention is that once a sellers feedback dips
>below 98% they lose their powerseller status.
>
>Regards
>Ferdi

>First of all, let me be clear, I have no affiliation with GEM enterprises.
>
>It would seem, by the content of Mr. Ozguners' email, that GEM are little
>more than pond-scum. However, a quick check of
>their feedback shows 3209 transactions with 9 negatives over 6 months old.
>This would indicate a ~0.003% dissatisfaction
>rate. Is this what he means by 'TERRIBLE feedback'?
>

>Regards,
>
>PCBman

Mark Ross
markr13_at_comcast.net