[NTLK] Avoid GEM ENTERPRISES

From: Ferdi Ozguner (fozguner_at_ualberta.ca)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 11:43:05 PDT

My reference to the feedback rating was not to GEM actual rating on ebay (if
you had read my message and interpreted it correctly MR PCBMAN). It was a
reference to the fact that buyers of their goods had contact me after the
fact and told me how they were delt with.

Im sure that some people have had good dealings with them but i can tell you
with all honesty that their feedback rating on ebay does not reflect
reality. Another point to mention is that once a sellers feedback dips
below 98% they lose their powerseller status.

Its always clear to see sellers on ebay to get as much money as they can out
of their customer. Its interesting to see that GEM doubles SHIPPING prices
(which are already too high if you ask me) when shipping internationally. I
ship internationally all the time, it costs me no more and in some cases
less than shipping domestically.

I would ask that this conversation ends here as there are many new to the
newton platform that would much rather spend their time getting help with
their questions. My post was simply an attempt to caution those who were
considering a purchase from GEM.

In the future Mr PCBMAN if you have a tip, save it from the list and just
email me please.

Regards
Ferdi

First of all, let me be clear, I have no affiliation with GEM enterprises.

It would seem, by the content of Mr. Ozguners' email, that GEM are little
more than pond-scum. However, a quick check of
their feedback shows 3209 transactions with 9 negatives over 6 months old.
This would indicate a ~0.003% dissatisfaction
rate. Is this what he means by 'TERRIBLE feedback'?

Also, generalizations that they threaten users with negative feedback may or
may not be true. Perhaps, in the case(s) of
people you have talked to, it is true but you cannot apply it across the
board without speaking to EVERYONE.

When you sell to many people you will always have problems. It may be bad
goods, damage during shipping, wrong order,
misunderstanding by one or both parties, etc. etc.

Despite your protestations to the contrary, the approval rating of GEM is
very good.

It is, perhaps interesting to note, that your email comes hot on the heels
of your announcement for repair services. ;\

I wish you well in your endeavors but I think that the method you have
chosen to raise yourself above the enemy (GEM) is
simply to dig a ditch around yourself.

In the end, people will make up their own mind whether to use your services
or not, but the 'band together' rhetoric and
rallying cry is simply cheesy :P

Tip: Never mix a rant and a revelation. It makes you sound disingenuous.

Regards,

PCBman