Re: [NTLK] OS X to ultimate laptop

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 05:49:11 PDT

on 03/09/02 06:39, Edd Thompson at euphoriadj_at_adamswells.com wrote:

> I have an snow ibook and a grey G4 tower and a second generation imac.
> I like to know how to connect my 2100 to at least the ibook. I haven't=20=
>
> use the newton in two years because the people who cleaned our house=20
> after a house fire destroyed the power supply. I am thinking of=20
> returning to the newt because I heard on /. there might be airport=20
> connectivaty. Back when I was using it, it was THE ULTIMATE laptop. I=20
> would just back up everything to my mac vx and print on my apple=20
> portable printer.
> I use os X on the G4 and ibook, and I will be upgrading the imac so I=20
> can.

Yes, you can use your Newton wirelessly. If you have an AirPort card in one
of your Mac, it can even acts as a base station for your Newton.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>
farming n.: [Adelaide University, Australia] What the heads of a disk drive
are said to do when they plow little furrows in the magnetic media.
Associated with a crash. Typically used as follows: "Oh no, the machine has
just crashed; I hope the hard drive hasn't gone farming again." No longer
common; modern drives automatically park their heads in a safe zone on
power-down, so it takes a real mechanical problem to induce this.