[NTLK] buying my first Newton

From: Egan, Tim (Sydney) (timegan_at_kpmg.com.au)
Date: Mon Sep 02 2002 - 19:15:19 PDT

Hi Everyone,

I'm a student in Australia and I've always wanted a Newton (ever since the
OMP, which was released when I was in the 5th grade!)

I haven't paid much attention to the Newton community for a while now, but I
was poking around eBay and noticed that there are still quite a few decent
looking models going around.. then I joined NewtonTalk and found there are
still stacks of people doing stuff with the Newton.. so..

my question to you is:

Given that I basically would like to muck around, take some notes at uni,
read email / news and maybe surf the web on a Newton.. what is the minimum
that I should be looking for?

I'm thinking that it's probably the 130.. which has the has the 2.0 OS. Does
that mean that it's HWR is as good as that on a 2100? Will the smaller RAM
size of the 130 frustrate me? Will it be able to get on the 'net etc? (I
have an Orinoco gold wireless card, and a Netcomm 33.6 PCMCIA modem)

Perhaps one day I'll want to write my own Newtonscript apps and cool stuff
like that too.. who knows?

Sorry for all the questions from an obvious newbie - but I'm quite excited!

Thanks in advance,

> Tim Egan
> Sydney, Australia.

This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
named above and may contain information that is confidential and
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
Email is strictly prohibited. When addressed to our clients, any
opinions or advice contained in this Email are subject to the
terms and conditions expressed in the governing KPMG client
engagement letter. If you have received this Email in error, please
notify us immediately by return email or telephone +61 2 93357000
and destroy the original message. Thank You.